Our Original Food Tour: Taste the Best of Alsace
In just half a day (or a full day if you prefer), this guided tour allows you to discover the Grande Île of Strasbourg, classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, via both the Strasbourg Cathedral and the picturesque Petite France historic quarter. You’ll taste the most iconic dishes of Alsatian cuisine, accompanied by a local guide who’ll make sure you have an unforgettable experience.
Taste the Best of Alsace half-day (3,5 hours)
6 gourmet stops and 10 tastings, including:
- Crémant d’Alsace
- Tartes flambées (savory and sweet)
- Foie gras
- Munster AOP cheese
- Handmade Gingerbread (pain d’épices)
Cost: from €79 per person (the exact cost will depend on the number of participants)
Taste the Best of Alsace full day (6 hours)
Wander through the Grande Île of Strasbourg, including the Strasbourg Cathedral quarter and the famous Petite France, and also an area off the beaten track: Krutenau.
8 gourmet stops including a wine merchant and a restaurant and 15 tastings, including:
- Handmade gingerbread (pain d’épices)
- Gourmet food shopping including: several types of bread, the famous Alsace bretzels, 3 types of cheese, 2 types of delicatessen meats, 1 pastry
- 3 wines from Alsace accompanied by products collected during the gourmet food shopping
- Tartes flambées (savory and sweet) cooking class and tasting accompanied by Alsatian beer. Participants are able to make their very own tarte flambée before tasting it!
Cost: from €109 per person (the exact cost will depend on the number of participants).
Cost includes guide and all of the tastings described.
Shop & Eat Like Locals for a Day
Our guide Patricia was excellent. The plan for our 7 hours (including transportation from the cruise ship) in Strasbourg was we would meander through Petite-France stopping at local food shops to taste and purchase food. The pastries, bread, meat, cheese, and wine would be used for our late afternoon food & wine tasting. We knew we couldn’t wait until 4PM to eat so we were taken to a local restaurant to taste “Tarte Flambee”. This was really a lunch with wine, beer, salad, and the Tarte Flambee. We were shown how to make the Flambee and then got to eat what we made. After lunch we were given some free time to shop before we continued our tour of tasting and adding food to our shopping bags. By 4PM we were ready to sit down and drink some wine and eat our purchases. All in all, a fun experience. KHillLV, August 2018